Philly-raised artist Ron Gallo will release his new studio album Peacemeal on March 5th via  New West Records. Peacemeal was recorded remotely with Ben H. Allen (Gnarls Barkley, Animal Collective) who provided additional production and mixing. Some of the songs on this album have been released on the Please Don’t Die EP which was released last year. The new single Can We Still Be Friends is out now.

Ron Gallo wrote and started recording these songs during a three month period of self-isolation last summer when immigration forced him back to America from Italy where he planned to stay with his now-wife, and collaborator, Chiara.  After a trip around the world, mostly spent living and recording in Italy, 9 months later he finished these recordings in the same room they started during the pandemic self-isolation. “Now and then feel oddly similar. I want to be one of the people at least trying to make people happy as the world goes through some major growing pains.” – says Ron Gallo.

Trying to box Ron Gallo up is like trying to clutch water in your hands. He doesn’t think you fit in a box either. On a lifelong chase of himself, and a 3-year long tour, he found it frustrating at times too. “Everything in life flipped so I took a year off to figure out what I was about all over again, what I really like. I felt like I was living in some world I built based on 2% of myself, I got really down, then really burnt out. what about the other 98%?”  One day it’s orange, next day mint green, today he’s looking for a utility vest in a hardware store, tomorrow he’s buying yellow pants in the women’s section of a thrift store. He can’t sit still, his moods are wild but always returns back to a childlike, optimistic center. “That’s me! my only constant is that I’m all over the place” and so when it came time to make music again – he wanted to figure out how to make music like this, music like him.

This stems from a period of self-embrace – tastes, colors, joy, the ugly shit, growing up outside of Philly with 90’s hip-hop, top 40, candy, r&b, weirdo pop, jazz, and punk – his version of ‘pop music’.“Making this new stuff felt like color-blocking, like if it was a shirt it would have a yellow left sleeve, orange right sleeve, green mid-section, pink pockets and a white collar, no metaphor. Might not make sense, but that’s a shirt I want to wear right now.”

Ron Gallo release his first and critically acclaimed solo-album Heavy Meta in 2017. Peacemeal is the follow-up from his 2018 release Stardust Happy Birthday.